Skip to main content

Till We Meet Again...

I lost a dear friend today, and it hurts too much. When you lose someone, no matter how good or bad your relationship was with the person, there is this feeling of loss, whether you want to accept it or not. The feeling is more intense when you have to witness life gradually drain out slowly from that person. It hurts like a bitch when an energetic person filled with life, love and laughter is drained of all that goodness slowly and painfully. 

It is annoying because you keep remembering how vibrant the person was, as against their present state. It is frustrating when you know there is nothing you can do about it. You feel useless when all your resources don't help the person, and you have to rely on fate and life to decide whether the person lives or dies. Life, the determinant of the person's fate, has a funny, unexpected, unwanted way of surprising us; especially when the surprise is not funny. Life is indeed unkind and unfair at times.
Hoping for your loved one to get better is a tough place to be, because, despite all the medical treatment, life has the final say on what will be. And sometimes, life doesn't have good responses or outcomes. It throws you an unexpected and painful curveball. Life is life, and there is nothing we can do about it. It gives when it wants, and takes when we least expect it.

My dear friend, you were always smiling, energetic, happy, and generally full of life. As the saying goes, it happens for a reason, but that doesn't make it hurt less. You always made me smile, no matter what mood I was in, I never saw you and frowned. You brought joy and positive vibes. So, I will remember you as that positive ray of sunshine that always made me smile. Thank you for the hearty laughter, for always making me smile, for bringing out my fun side, for making us proud, and for being Gee.  

Sun re baby boy. Till we meet again. I hope when we do meet you are still smiling and full of love, light and positive vibes. 



Photo Credit:
Kenny Orr on Unsplash.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM NOT...

I am not your friend. I am not your age mate. I am not your family member. I am not your church member. I am not your girlfriend/boyfriend. I am not feminine/masculine. I am not childish. I am not on your level. I am not your helper. I am not your enemy. I am not a fake person. I am not a deceitful person. I am not a mean person. I am not a tactless person. I am not a nice person. Why do we have to state a fact that we say is obvious? Why do we waste our time talking about what we are not when we can invest our quality time in talking about what and who we truly are? (not in a proud manner) What do we expect these statements to do? Why do we believe that this “I am not” statement is necessary for our lives? Why don’t we like to talk about ourselves and others in a positive light? This “I am not” culture has affected some people to the extent that, in cases where they are to describe themselves, they will tell you one thousand (1,000) things they are not, but cannot tell yo

SOMETIMES A BREAKUP ISN'T BAD...

You know I like you, I know you like me, They know we like each other. Our parents have given their consent. But, we are not compatible, So, why are we still together? Why did you propose to me? Why did I accept your proposal? Why have we fixed a wedding date? Why are we getting married? Why have we gotten married? Two years later, why are we still married? Why did we have kids? How de we have two (2) kids? Should we have brought kids into this? And now, 10 years later, why are we just breaking up? How did we last this long? Should we have done this earlier? How did we come so far? Why did we ever start? Now, I don’t like you. You don’t like me. We both hate each other. Our parents can’t stand each other. We really shouldn’t have started this. Now, our children will be the ones to suffer for this. Photo credit: Google.com Octavio Fossatti on Unsplash.com Dreamstime.com

Being INEM...

Today is dedicated to my friend, Inem. You see Inem is this guy that dislikes my taste in music and doesn't appreciate my food combination, but I forgive him because he doesn't know what he is missing. This is by the way, so, the reason I am writing this is to appreciate Inem, my dear friend. Before I appreciate Inem, let me tell you how we met. I met Inem (please forgive me, but I like the sound of his name, so I will write it many times, and also so he can know this is about him) at film school. I have no idea how we started talking, but I am sure he threw a jab my way, and I threw a jab back. We started talking, but took a mini-break, as Mr Inem thought I was snubbing him. We picked up our conversation and it wasn't bad. I guess he must have forgiven me (what a nice fellow). Anyways, Inem and I spoke more after film school. How that happened, I have never known, but meeting him and a few unnamed others is a blessing I gained from film school. Since then, we h